MACC Foundation Faculty/Staff Mini-Grant Program
The purpose of the Moberly Area Community College Foundation’s Faculty/Staff Mini-Grants program is to support faculty and staff by funding innovative and creative projects that would not normally be provided for in the operating budget of the College. Mini-grant projects should enrich standard curriculum and directly enhance learning opportunities for students of Moberly Area Community College.
Up to four mini-grants will be awarded per semester and may vary in amount. The Committee may award the budgeted amount available, as application need requires. One grant may be funded using the entire semester’s budget, if so determined by the Committee. Faculty and staff may apply for more than one grant per semester but each application must reflect a different project. A person may be awarded more than one grant but the total award may not exceed $1,500 in any twenty-four month period. An individual as well as a team or department working together may apply for a grant, but the maximum grant awarded will be $1500 for a specific project.
Any full-time faculty or certified/classified staff member currently employed by Moberly Area Community College is eligible for a mini-grant. Adjunct faculty may submit proposals in conjunction with full-time faculty or staff or with their supervisor’s approval. Examples of eligible projects include equipment, software, research, supplemental materials, enrichment tools, speakers, professional development, and creative projects.
- Mini-grant projects must directly impact student learning and/or assist staff in operating their departments more efficiently.
- The program is not intended to provide on-going support. Ordinarily, this is a one-time funding opportunity.
- Tangible items purchased with the grant funds become the property of Moberly Area Community College.
- This grant is not intended to fund projects, materials or travel that are normally part of an instructor or staff member’s budget.
- The mini-grants will be awarded twice a year for the fall and spring semester under the guidance of the MACC Foundation Faculty/Staff Mini-Grant Committee. Mini-grants are not awarded for the summer semester.
- An official application must be submitted to the MACC Foundation Faculty/Staff Mini Grant Committee by the following deadline dates:
|March 3||Spring Semester Grants||Awarded by April 7|
|October 1||Fall Semester Grants||Awarded by November 1|
- At the completion of the project, a detailed summary report and photographs, where practical, must be submitted to the MACC Foundation Faculty/Staff Mini Grant Committee.
Submit the original application via the Foundation Mini-grant online form.
Foundation Faculty/Staff Mini-Grant Online Application